domingo, 14 de junho de 2009

Por entre os dedos

In my hunt for the secret of life, I started my research in histology. Unsatisfied by the information that cellular morphology could give me about life, I turned to physiology. Finding physiology too complex, I took up pharmacology. Still finding the situation too complicated, I turned to bacteriology. But the bacteria were even more complex, so I descended to the molecular level, studying chemistry and physical chemistry. After twenty years' work, I was led to conclude that to understand life we have to descend to the electronic level and the world of wave mechanics. But electrons are just electrons and have no life at all. Evidently,on the way I lost life; it had run out between my fingers.

Albert Szent-Gyorgyi (1893 - 1986)
Personal Reminiscences

Sem comentários: